Practical Core Tasks
Given to students in groups who then have the task of independently setting the drill/game up, understand the rules and play the game.
How To Use The Cards?
- students set up and teach another group their Core Task
- they act as an standardisation / assessment tool when students demonstrate skills/tactics learnt through the SOW (level criteria on the back of each card) – Teacher, peer and self assessment opportunities
- promote leadership and creativity with the more able set to adapt, condition and tweak the drills to meet certain success criteria
- promote literacy and numeracy
- engage students and empower students through the independent nature of Core Tasks
Hope they spark some interest and thought, and it would be wonderful to hear how you design or use Core Tasks in your practical SOW.
This file can be found alongside many others in the ‘resources’ section of the site as well as in the PE4Learning Google Drive.